The One About Opportunities




Hello! Lately, I've been spending lots of quiet evenings at home, catching up with my reading. By reading I don't mean only books, but also my Pocket list. Pocket is a Google Chrome application, with which you can mark all these articles that appear on your facebook homepage and read them later. If your list consists of more than fifty articles -just like mine - it is a little hard to play catch up. However, while browsing through it, I came across this article from Huffington Post, which comprises quotations from  commencement speakers in 2014. The article may or may not be five months old, but the ideas and advice expressed by all these greatly inspirational women are timeless. The following totally hit home with me:
"Life doesn't offer you the perfect opportunity at the perfect time. Opportunities come when you least expect them ... Rarely are opportunities presented to you in a perfect way. In a nice little box with a yellow bow on top. 'Here, open it, it's perfect. You'll love it.' Opportunities -- the good ones -- are messy, confusing and hard to recognize. They're risky. They challenge you. But things happen so fast because our world is changing so much, you have to make decisions without perfect information. You have to make decisions based on the fact that the world is going to continue to change -- on the belief that the status quo will be supplanted by something better. " 
-  Susan Wojcicki, YouTube CEO



Un beso enorme to all my wonderful readers!
Hope you enjoyed this post!

F.

PS: Facebook anyone? Tweet me maybe? 
PS2: Now I'm also on Instagram!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment!

 

Meet The Blogger

Full-time daydreamer writing about fashion, love, food, traveling and beyond.