As Read In... [Last Chance]


Hello again
I know it's been a long time coming
You say you've been
Out there now a long time running

As the lyrics from this beautiful song of Amos Lee suggest, I’ve been absent for too long. Partly because I’m very busy with all my university work and my mum visiting for a couple days, partly because I was feeling a little uninspired lately. I find it hard to write when I’m uninspired; I feel like I’m writing nonsense or that my texts sound really… stiff, not bubbly and joyful as I’d wanted them to be.

Anyway, I’ve been reading a very sweet book lately, “Last Chance” by Sarah Dessen. At some point of the book there is a beautiful food simile in it and since I love all similes that compare food to people, I couldn’t help it, but share it here.

‘Mayonnaise,’ Morgan said, ‘is a lot like men.’ […]
The restaurant was empty except for us and the radio, turned to an oldies station. ‘Twisting the Night Away’ was playing, and we were making salad dressing, both of us to our elbows in thick, smelling mayonnaise.
‘It can,’ she went on, plopping another scoop into the bowl, ‘make everything much better, adding flavor and ease to your life. Or, it can just be sticky and gross and make you nauseous.’
I smiled, stirring my mayonnaise while I considered this. ‘I hate mayonnaise.’
‘You’ll probably hate men too, from time to time,’ she said. ‘At least mayonnaise you can avoid.’

Well, mayonnaise I hate too, but men I like.

Bisus!


F.

PS: We're on facebook!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment!

 

Meet The Blogger

Full-time daydreamer writing about fashion, love, food, traveling and beyond.