The Nutella Banana Muffins

Do you ever wake up feeling like baking Nutella Banana Muffins? No? Well,that's what you've been missing!


I bake these for my little brother (he's still at school, so he'll find out when he comes back home), because I felt like culinary spoiling him.

I used a recipe I found in the blog The Londoner by Rosie, which is at the top of my favorites list. It's super super easy and the best solution to make use of overripe bananas (I hate throwing food away!).

If you want to make 12 of your own Banana & Nutella Muffins you'll need:

  • 230 grams (1 3/4 cups) self raising flour
  • 150 grams (3/4 cup) granulated white sugar
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 large free range eggs, lightly beaten
  • 113 grams (1/2 cup) melted unsalted butter
  • 3 large very ripe bananas, mashed
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 4 tbsp Nutella, at room temp

Pre-heat your oven to 180C or 350F. Line your muffin tins with paper liners, or use silicone trays.In one bowl combine your flour, sugar & salt. In another combine your eggs, butter, mashed bananas & vanilla.
Tip one into the other and gently fold together.
You want your batter to be thoroughly mixed, but still lumpy and utterly hideous. (A smooth batter makes horrible banana bread, trust me.)
Divide your mixture between your cases, each one should be just about half full.
Take a teaspoon of slightly warm Nutella and pop a blob (technical term) onto the centre of each muffin. Use a cocktail stick or skewer to swirl the Nutella into the muffin without turning the whole thing chocolatey.


Have fun!

F.

Follow Flâneur

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment!

 

Meet The Blogger

Full-time daydreamer writing about fashion, love, food, traveling and beyond.