I'm A Starfish, I'm A Crow, I'm A Loop

A couple days ago, during a power yoga class I made my first resolution for 2012.

It seems a little late, huh?

I know. Usually I write down endless lists of resolutions just before New Year's Eve and hang them in my bedroom, where I'll see them every day and (hopefully) stick to them.

This year there was no list. I felt that setting all those goals could be really stressful sometimes. And after a year full of stress, I didn't feel like I could push myself anymore. No, I couldn't and didn't want to strive to be the best at something/ lose x amount of weight/ talk to strangers (Please don't get me wrong, I was just trying to be less shy, pushing myself out of my comfort zone.)/ wear hats more often. Of course I still own all my hats and I love them as much as I used to.

Plus, I didn't want to set myself up for disappointment. Which is something that often occures when you go through your list at the end of the year to find out that -guess what?- some of your resolutions were not ticked off.

And I'm coming back to the power yoga class. I was lying on the floor, looking like a starfish (see below), while the yoga instructor was walking around the class, telling us to relax every single muscle of our body -the only muscles of my body that were not relaxed were probably my ears.


Then, suddenly I had an epiphany. I wanted to be an advanced yoga erm.. student. I wanted to be able to do all the pretzel-like positions that the instructor suggested that only "advanced" learners should do. I wanted to be a pretzel loop and a crow and a cobra and and and...

So this is my 2012 resolution. Nothing big. Nothing Oscar-worthy. But definitely a huge change. For so many years I had at least one resolution that had to do with physical condition, such as "exercise more" or "get defined abs". And it was always about changing myself, my body. 

This year I'm not interested in change. I'm interested in seeing where my body can take me

What's your 2012 resolution?

F.

PS: Did I mention that I have a huge crush on pilates, too?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment!

 

Meet The Blogger

Full-time daydreamer writing about fashion, love, food, traveling and beyond.