Alors On Dance


"You broke my heart 'cause I couldn't dance
You didn't even want me around
But now I'm back
to show you I can really shake 'em down"

This is one of my favorite feel-good songs. The funny lyrics. The cheerful, dance-around muic.

Yet...

Seriously?

He couldn't dance. I refuse to believe it as I wholeheartedly believe that if you can walk, you can dance.

And there are many many people out there have firmly embraced a strictly-not-dancing attitude because they somehow came to the conclusion that they can not dance. Well, I've got news for you. You can.

The only problem is... no it is not that you can't pop and lock or do that latin sway. You most likely won't need it (unless you are me who loves to attend latin parties). It is that you are afraid of what the rest of the people surrounding you are going to think. Which is -in my opinion- so wrong. Because when you dance you have to do it for yourself -not even for your papi or anything equivalent. Because it's fun. Because you can't stop the beat. Because you need to shake it out (a la Florence and The Machine, another favorite of mine.)


So let the rhythm take you away. No thoughts.
No regrets, just love dance.



F.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment!

 

Meet The Blogger

Full-time daydreamer writing about fashion, love, food, traveling and beyond.